Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools – those Stampin’ Up! tools that we just can’t live without. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles stop number 27 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I have to say that I love all Stampin’ Up! products and I am a HUGE fan of all of their tools. Their paper trimmer is awesome. I have almost all their punches. But, my biggest favorite has to be the big shot! The stamp sets with the matching framelits save me so much time! I used to fussy cut alot (cut stamped images out by hand with the paper snips), but now alot of that can be done with the framelits!
This card features the stamp set Something for Baby, the matching Baby’s First Framelit dies and the new Little Letters framelit dies. I knew I wanted to include the baby’s name “Cody” on the card, it wasn’t until after I had cut out the letters that I decided I liked the negative better. 🙂
This card has a Daffodil Delight card base and a 5.25″ x 4″ layer Whisper White layer. For the name I cut the Soft Sky cardstock (with the letters cut out of it) down to 1.75″ x 5.25″ (remember this was an afterthought) and layered it with a 2″ x 5.25″ strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock. The tie, rubber duck and diaper pin were stamped onto scraps of Whisper White cardstock.
Stampin’ Tip: For the stacking toy, the duck and the diaper pin – I colored on the stamp with the markers to apply the ink to the stamp. This allows me to get multiple colors on one stamp. I love this technique and use it alot.
The tie was adhered to the onsie with a dimentional (cut in half with half at top, half at bottom). The Soft Sky cardstock with the name was also adhered with dimensionals.
If you, too, decide you want to own the big shot, you are in luck. August is an awesome month to buy your own big shot! You get a free stamp / framelit bundle with your order – a $60 value! Order it online here
The next stop is Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit stop number 29 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Amy Williams at Stamp and Spice
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin’ Mojo
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- September Gray at SeptemberGray.com
- Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasy Cards
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creatons
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Candy Ford at Candy’s Blog
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty