Welcome to the Pals February Blog Hop. This month we are excited to share with you what we love about Stampin’ Up! – our stamps, tools, accessories and techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter number 18 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
We were asked to share what we love about Stampin’ Up! this month. Well, there isn’t enough room on the web for all that!!!! So, I’ll just pick one for today. I love making things for people! I love making them cards and little gifts they can keep around to look at to remind them that I’ve been thinking about them.
My project for today is one I’ve been doing for years – I make a cover for a simple post it note pad (we all use those! Wouldn’t you love to be the guy who invented that?!?) and then a matching pen to go with it. It makes a great gift set and gets used frequently.
For the pen, I used the Pentel R.S.V.P. pen. I then cut a piece of Stampin’ Up! designer series paper 3.5″ by 1″ and rolled it up and put it inside. The bottom of the pen unscrews top open easily to allow you to insert the DSP.
For the Post-It note cover, I cut card stock 3.5″ by 8.5″ and scored at 1.5″, 2″, 5″ and 5.5″. Then I cut Stampin’ Up! designer series paper 3.25″ x 3.75″ (cut two of these) and one piece 3.25″ by 1.25″. Then just choose an image to stamp and cut out to use as your closure. I used the designer label punch with “I freakin’ love you” from the Stampin’ Up! Perfect Pennants stamp set. I taped the top half to the cover and used some self stick velcro dots to keep it closed.
Full instructions and more details in the video below –
The next stop is Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie number 20 the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Janice Warhank at Janice’s Papercraft Playground
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys So Little Time
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
- Alison Bilohlavek at ribbon and brad
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Shirley Sumption at Look at my Cute Stuff
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper