You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events, stop number 3 on the hop. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
For this hop we are all using our favorites. Seems appropriate to use the things we love in honor of valentines day, right? I LOVE my big shot and framelits!
I made this card by using one of our Heart Framelits. I used a Rose Red card base 8.5″ x 5.5″ scored at 4.25″. On the back of the front of the card (on the inside left), I drew a faint pencil line in the middle from top to botton (at 2 1/8″). I placed the card base onto the magnetic platform of my big shot open. I placed the heart framelit on the inside of the front cover, centering it by using the marks with the pencil. I then placed the top cutting pad only on the left side of the heart and ran it though the big shot. I then folded the left edge back to the fold on the front of the card. (If you are a more visual person – don’t worry – I have a video on my YouTube channel. You can view that video here.)
I lined the inside of the card with a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock 5.25″ x 4″. I then stamped the heart from the Perfect Pennants stamp set onto the front of the card with Rose Red ink.
Stampin’ Tip: I’ve learned to make it a point to be very random when stamping an object all over a car front like a background. It looks much more natural to be random and make a point to “hang off the edge” with those objects every so often. Think about it, if you cut designer series paper for that, they wouldn’t all be in the shape you cut out, somethings would be half off the edge…
I then used the same size heart framelit and cut out a heart in Whisper White card stock. I stamped the “You and Me” from Perfect Pennants stamp set in Basic Gray ink. I used the Decorative Dots embossing folder to emboss that heart and then adhered it to the heart in the card base with snail adhesive. I hope you like my card. All the supplies used will be listed below the line up.
The next stop is Sue Becker at RnR Stamping, stop number 5 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of you
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog