Welcome to the March Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating spring. This month we are featuring spring related projects for Mother’s Day, Easter or any other occasion that celebrates winter coming to an end.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
For my card I’m using the crystal effects, acetate and tissue paper technique. For this card I used a Daffodil Delight card base 8.5″ x 5.5″, scored at 4.25″. I then cut a layer of Pear Pizazz card stock 5.25″ x 4″ and ran it through the big shot with the perfect polka dots textured embossing folder and adhered that the the card base with snail adhesive.
Next, i used a piece of our window sheet base material (acetate) 5.25″ x 4″ and stamped the flowers from the Stampin’ Up! Serene Silhouettes and stamped them onto the acetate with black Staz-on ink. On the opposite side I smeared a lot of the Crystal Effects and dropped a few drops of Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizazz re-inkers on the Crystal Effects, sprinkled a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter and smeared it around. Note: this technique works best with the light colored re-inkers. Next I crumpled up a 5.5 x 4.5″ piece of white tissue paper, uncrumbled it (but left it wrinkled) and layered it over the top of the crystal effects and then let it dry. Note: this took a long time to dry – overnight.
When it was dry, I cut it out with one of the Oval framelits. I then cut a piece of Whisper White card stock with the next size up Oval framelit. I adhered the flower layer to the Whisper White layer with snail and the Whisper White layer to the Pear Pizzaz layer with stampin’ dimensionals. I used the elegant butterfly punch to cut a butterfly out of the corner of what I cut off when I used the oval framelit and adhered that with a stampin’ dimensional, then added a few pearls to accent the body.
I hope you like my new technique and happy spring card.
The next stop is Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian