Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for April where every day is Earth Day. This month we are showcasing projects that use recycled, reused or other earth inspired elements and colors. We hope you enjoy the Pals creative projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Site, number 11 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
This card starts out with a Garden Green card base (8.5″ x 5.5″, scored at 4.25″). Next I used a 5.25″ x 4″ layer of Early Espress that I ran through the big shot with the stars embossing folder. I used Garden Green ink and the Perfect Blend stamp set to stamp the coffee cups onto Very Vanilla card stock and then cut then out with my paper snips. I also stamped the sentiment from the Perfect Blend stamp set onto Very Vanilla card stock with Garden Green ink and punched it out with the Label Bracket Punch and sponged Early Espresso ink on the edges with a sponge dauber.
My recycled element was the Starbucks coffee sleeve. I cut it on the perforations only using the front half. I adhered it to the Early Espresso layer of my card with fast fuse (it’s a little stickier and thicker than the snail adhesive). I only put the adhesive on the bottom and sides, so that I could tuck the overlapping coffee cups into the sleeve from the top. I then adhered the label with the sentiment but putting snail on the bottom and a dimensional on the top (since the sleeve gave it some height on the bottom. I found this scrap of DSP in my retired pile and loved how it had the stars on it and used my envelope liner framelit dies to line my envelope.
The next stop is Benjaman Turner at He Stamps, number 13 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’ s Owlery
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Site
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains