Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May where we are preparing for the retirement of some Stampin’ Up! products. Though it may be goodbye to some very loved supplies, it will make room for the much anticipated new catalog products. We hope you enjoy the Pals’ creative projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom, number 8 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
The end of our annual catalog is always a time of mixed emotions. Sad to see some old favorites go, but excited about the new products right around the corner. (See list of retiring products here). For this card I’m using several things I love that are retiring: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, My Digital Studio, Apothecary Accents Framelits and the Stippled Blossom stamp set.
This card starts out with a Blackberry Bliss card base, 8.5″ x 5.5″, scored at 4.25″. I ran the top layer through the big shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. This client wanted a particular greeting on the card for her “Uncle Peggy”. If you didn’t guess already, it’s really an Aunt Peggy… it’s a running joke between the two of them. Using My Digital Studio and printing onto the Whisper White card stock with my printer gave me this flexibility to do that for her! I then used the big shot again, to cut out the frame using the Apothecary Accents Framelit die. I then ran that though the big shot twice with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder. Each time tucking just one side into the folder, leaving it flat in the middle around my greeting. I adhered this to the card base with snail adhesive.
Stampin’ Tip: If you don’t have a Big Shot yet, you really must consider getting one – they are the coolest things ever!!! I use mine all the time! I hope it NEVER retires!!!
Next, I stamped the larger rose from the stippled blossoms onto Whisper White card stock using Blackberry Bliss ink. Its a two step process. So, for the first part I “stamped off” on scrap paper before stamping onto the Whisper White card stock. (This removed a little bit of the ink, making the image lighter). The second part I stamped directly onto the first part without “stamping off”.
Stampin’ Tip: Before stamping the leaves for the rose, I stamped the base of the rose onto a post it note, cut it out with paper snips and placed that over the rose before stamping the flowers. That way I could stamp the leaves partially onto the flower, when I removed the post it note, the leaves appear to be coming from behind the rose. Pretty cool, huh? This technique is called masking.
I then used the two way glue pen and some dazzling diamond glitter to add some sparkle to the rose and cut it out with paper snips. It was adhered to the card with dimensionals. The butterfly was punched out of Blackberry Bliss card stock using the Elegant Butterfly punch. I added a few rhinestones to the middle to give it a little extra sparkle too. I gave the butterfly a little bend and put a small bit of dimensional in the middle of the body making it look like it could just fly off the card.
While these products are on their way out, (available for just a few short weeks, based on supply…) these techniques can be applied with many of the other wonderful items we have to offer!
The next stop is Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose, number 10 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps!
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery