Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are showcasing projects using Stampin’ Up! products featuring a theme from any of the following: Valentine’s Day; Thinking of You; Get Well; or Sympathy. All of these themes come “From the Heart.” We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My card for you today is a Valentines Day card made using the Bloomin’ Heart thinlit die and the Bloomin’ Love stamp set. Both of the new 2016 Stampin’ Up! Occasions catalog released last week.
This card has a Basic Gray card base (cut to 8.5″ x 5.5″ and scored at 4.25″). The next layer is 5.25″ x 4″ and was dry embossed using the Large Polka Dots embossing folder. I mounted that on dimentionals, this gave me room between the two layers to run the bakers twine, tied into a bow on the front of my card. Next, I used a square of Real Red card stock with the Bloomin’ Heart die and a scrap of Blushing Bride glimmer paper with the larger of the two flowers included in the thinlit set and ran it through my big shot. I made sure to use the precision plate and to run it through several times for a complete cut. I then pushed out all the little pieces of card stock from the thinlit using the Big Shot Die Brush. I stamped the banner (and the words “love you” into the banner) onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Blushing Bride ink and used the banner framelit from the large numbers framelit dies. (Note: this is from a totally different bundle – but works perfectly!). I adhered the heart to the card and then the flower to the heart with the fine tip glue pen. The banner was added by using dimentionals. I finished it off by adding a rhinestone to the center of the flower.
For the interior of the card, I used a 5.25″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White card stock. I stamped a flower in the upper left and lower right corner in Real Red and then the sentiment in the middle of the card with Blushing Bride ink.
Here is a video of me making this card. I’ve also included a little clip of my new puppy, Sophie. She is just the custest!!! Be sure to watch and then subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Thanks for visiting. There are many more fabulous creations to come on this hop. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Final Line-up:
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stampin’ Serenity
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Michelle Gleeson at www.StampinMojo.com
- Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards