Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
The technique that I chose to share with you today is called the Bokeh technique. I started out with a Delightful Daffodil card base 5.5″ x 8.5″, scored at 4.25″. I then used a 5.25″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White card stock. I sponged Temping Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Delightful Daffodil ink over the entire surface of the Whisper White layer (before adhering it to the base).
I then used several of my circle punches and punched various size holes into a scrap of the backing from the DSP paper packs (its a little more rigid than the card stock but not quite chipboard thickness). I used this as a mask by laying it onto my sponged background and used another sponge with Whisper White craft ink to sponge white circles around the layer making (letting a few of them, in various sizes, overlap). This gives it the appearance of floating bubbles. I then used the Hello You Thinlits to cut the word “thanks” out of Melon Mambo card stock and adhered that to the Bokeh layer and then adhered that to the card base. I think it’s a beautiful technique! I hope you give it a try.
I am really bummed about the envelope liners being on the retirement list. I have loved using them to turn my retired designer series paper into envelope liners. It really seems to finish off the card and make it look more professional to have the lined envelope. Be sure to grab the before they are gone!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love