Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for December 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase products that can add sparkle and/or shine for a finishing touch. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today’s card is a swing easel card. I figured out how to cut the card base with the Stampin’ Trimmer once and then made a cut file for my Cameo Silhouette so that it would be more “perfect”. It’s a 10″ x 5″ piece of Melon Mambo scored at 5″. The Pop of Pink designer series paper ring around the edge is 4.75″ x 4.75″ with a 3.25″ x 3.25″ square cut out of the middle cut out. The center swing is 2.75″ x 2.75″, so the silver foil square is 2.5″ x 2.5″ and the blushing bride glimmer paper is 2.5″ x 2.5″. I used a 2.5″ x .5″ strip of Pop of Pink dsp as a strip across the bottom of the middle square. The happy birthday” is from the Best Birds stamp set and the flamingo and pine apple are from the Pop of Paradise stamp set. I heat embossed the “Happy Birthday” with Silver Stampin’ Emboss. The flamingo was stamped in Flirty Flamingo and touches of Basic Black (added with a marker to the stamp before stamping onto the Whisper White card stock). I inked the pineapple with Pear Pizazz, Wild Wasabi and Crushed Curry markers and stamped onto Whisper White card stock. I cut them both out with paper snips and punched a butterfly from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the butterfly punch and adhered these with glue dots. I dabbed a little clear Wink of Stella on the flamingo wings and colored the pineapple with touches of gold Wink of Stella. Hey, they did say Sparkle & Shine didn’t they!?!?
The interior of the card is lined with a 4.75″ x 4.75″ layer of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and a 4″ x 4″ layer of DSP from the Pop of Pink pack. The “stopper” is a 2.5″ x 1 3/8″ piece of Silver Foil paper with a 2 1/8″ x 1″ piece of Whisper White, mounted on Stampin’ Dimensionals. The sentiment on the Whisper White piece is from the Garden in Bloom stamp set and is stamped in Melon Mambo ink. I also inked the edges of that layer with Melon Mambo ink for a little extra pop. I added basic rhinestones to either side for more sparkle.
This card fold flat for mailing and stands up for display – showing off all that ‘Sparkle & Shine’. 🙂 If you scroll down I have provided a photo gallery of the products and supplies used in the making of this card with links to my Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products. I encourage you to give it a try!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Zaring Browning at StampWithMeKZB.com
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts