Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes… Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Lately, my card in a box cards have been a big seller in my Etsy store. With Valentines Day right around the corner and “From the Heart being the theme of this blog hop it seemed fitting to make a Valentines Day card in a box.
The base is real red, followed by red glimmer paper and Whisper White card stock. I stamped mostly in Real Red ink. The couple on the hill are from a retired stamp set (Beautiful Ride), but I really wanted something0 I could use our new water color pencils on. I stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with the new watercolor pencils and blended with the blender pen. So that they would not be “floating”, I grounded them by sponging Garden Green ink to form a small grass knoll for them to sit on. The oposite flap has a great sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set. The rest of the stamps are from the Stampin’ Up! Bloomin’ Love stamp set. All were stamped in Real Red ink.
The glimmer heart was punched out of the red glimmer paper with the sweetheart punch. The pop up pieces in the middle are attached with glue dots at either end of a 1/4″ strip of clear acetate.
If you’d like to try your had at making this card yourself. The card in a box pattern (in PDF format) click here for PDF and videos I made on how to make this card and envelope can be found on this prior post – click here. Links to the products I used is below. If you are ever in need of a custom made card, made by someone else, I would hope you would consider my Etsy store.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <—– you are here
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping