Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For today’s project I’m using another soon to be retired stamp set. Stampin’ Up! Urban District. I loved this whole suite! I’m gonna be sad to see it go.
The card base is Basic Black and measures 8.5″ x 5.25″, scored at 4.25″. I used the .Collection DSP paper stack for the striped layer (another item retiring that I’m gonna miss). The DSP was cut at 5.5″ x 2.75″.
Stampin’ Tip: I actually cut it at approx 5.75″ x 2.75″ and adhered it to the card base and then turned it over and trimmed off the excess from the back side. This ensures that it goes all the way across and isn’t a tad short.
I then used a 5.5″ x 2.25″ strip of Crushed Curry (again, it was cut a little long and trimmed from the back). The letters from the Stampin’ Up! Urban District stamp set were stamped in Memento Black ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut out using the paper snips. They are adhered to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The inside of the card has a 5.25″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White. I added the .5″ strip of DSP to the bottom to make it match the exterior of the card. The rivits in the upper left and right corner and the sentiment are stamped in Memento Black ink. This is a quick and easy card that I think is super cute. I’m really gonna miss this stampin’ suite, I think this one and yesterdays Nailed It bundle are staying in my collection!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards