Hi Stampers. Welcome back to another international blog hop with Global Stamping Friends. Stampers from all over the world are sharing with us a holiday project in July BUT using a set that isn’t designed specifically for holidays in at least one of their projects. For my project I chose to use Stampin’ Up! Baby Bear stamp set with Real Red and Garden Green.
This card starts with a Real Red card base 8.5″ x 5.5″, scored at 4.25″. I then used Garden Green card stock to cut a piece 3.5″ x 3.5″ and another 3.5″ x 1″. Next I cut a Whisper White card stock 3.25″ x 3.25″ and 3.25″ x .75″. Onto the 3.25″ square WW piece, I stamped the three step baby bear in Crumb Cake ink. The first image of the bear is done lighter by stamping off onto scrap paper before stamping onto the card stock. The other two are full strength Crumb Cake ink. I stamped the two step bow in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it out with my paper snips. The bow was adhered to the bear with glue dots. The sentiment was also stamped in Real Red ink. The layers were then adhered to the card with snail adhesive.
This card could easily be done in other colors and be for a baby shower or congratulation or baby’s first birthday card. I hope this gives you a new way to look at your existing stamps and give them a slight twist for an occasion they may not have been designed for originally. Let’s get creative!
Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Sarah McDermott at Paper Craft Artistry
- Kristie Neal Walthall at KW Crafts
- Rebecca Urban at 101 Projects With Rebecca
- Courtenay Heuston at Bags That One!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <— You are here
- Georgia Missy Gaydos at Stamp With Georgia
- Jenn Curtis Charles at BFF Stampers
- Lou Kitzelman at With a Bow On Top By Lou
- Sharon Dalton at Studio Shabaz Creative Me68
- Kimberley Anne Morris at Procrastistamper
- Angélique Stempelkeuken at de Stempelkeuken
- Amber Thompson at Stampin With Amber
- Marieke Bart at De Stempelcoach
- Ellen Woodbridge at Ellen The Happy Stamper