Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My card was made with the Beautiful Day stamp set from Stampin’ Up! This card has a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Calypso Coral, scored at 4 1/4″. The flower and sentiment were stamped in Versamark ink onto a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of cardstock. I then heat embossed those with black embossing powder.
To color the flower I used Brusho Crystal Colours. I tapped a little of the Gamboge (orange) on one block, a little bit of Moss Green onto another block and Yellow onto a third block. To add a little water to each color, I used my Aqua Painter. I mixed each color a little and then colored the flower. After I was done I picked up a little of the color with the Aqua Painter and flicked a little bit of each color onto the card front for a speckled look.
On the inside of the card I used a 5 1/4″ x 4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS. I stamped the flower in the corners in Memento Black ink and colored it with the Brusho Crystal Colours. I colored the flowers the same way as above, but used mostly yellow left the flower pretty we and added a tiny bit of orange crystals and dried it with the heat tool. It’s just amazing to me how many different looks you can get with these Crystals. They take a little practice, but they are very cool!
I’m actually teaching a local class on Brusho Crystal Colours tomorrow – so expect more Brusho cards to come! Sign Up for my newsletter for exclusive deals just for my customer. 🙂
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on April 11, 2018 for our Family First Hop. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Supplies Used :