Hi Stampers. I recently had a class on heat embossing. Some people find it intimidating – but it’s really fun and gives some great effects! Today I’m showing you are card made with the Josephs Coat Technique.
This card started with a Blackberry Bliss card base, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. I then used a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of whisper White CS and sponged Bermuda Bay, Pool party, Pacific Point, Blackberry Bliss & Rich Razzleberry ink all over this layer. Using a Stamping Sponge wedge I covered the entire layer with the ink colors randomly sponged all over. Next, I inked up the dragonfly stamp from Dragonfly dreams with Versamark and stamped it randomly over the top of the sponged ink and then added clear embossing powder and heated it with the heat tool. Black ink was then sponged over the top of the entire layer with a Stampin’ Sponge wedge. After the layer was covered in black ink, I used a tissue to rub off the dragonfly images. The black ink did not stick to the clear embossing powder. Because the embossing was clear, the colors from underneath showed through, giving a beautiful effect.
I used the coordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Dies to die cut a dragonfly out of Vellum. This was attached to the card front over the top of one of the center dragonflies by using two glue dots under the body. To cover the glue dots, I cut out another dragonfly body (with the die) using Basic Black cardstock and glued that over the top. The wings are not attached, so that the float over the colored dragonfly.
A 5 1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS lines the inside of the card. Onto this layer I stamped the sentiment (from Dragonfly Dreams) in Blackberry Bliss ink. I inked the dots from the same set with the same color markers used on the outside of the card.
Stampin’ Tip: Lay the stamp face up on your workspace and ink the stamp with the brush end of the marker, starting with the lightest color first and darkest color last.
The final touch was to use a scrap of black cardstock to cut a single wing from the Detailed Dragonfly die and glue it to the upper left corner. I trimmed off excess wing from the back side and then adhered this layer into the card with snail adhesive.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase