Hi Stampers. I have a fun technique for you today using the Stampin’ Up! Embossing Mats. They are kind of a sleeper item in the catalog. The mats can easily be over looked if you don’t know what they are and how awesome they are! Look in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog on page 221, under Big Shot Accessories.
This card starts out with a Basic Black card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. The next layer is a 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ layer of Basic Gray CS followed by a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Real Red CS. I used a sentiment stamp from the Geared Up Garage stamp set to stamp “you jump start my heart” all over the Real Red layer of CS in Real Red ink. I used my Stamparatus so that the placement was evenly spaced, but could be stamped randomly by hand if you wish.
The heart was die cut on the Big Shot using the Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies out of Silver Foil paper. At the same time, I used the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies to die cut the car emblem out of Silver Foil paper and Whisper White CS. I used the Silver Foil outer part and Whisper White inner part to create the element in the lower right corner. Using the same sentiment that I used on the background, I stamped onto the Whisper White inner part using Basic Gray ink. The layers were adhered to the card base using snail adhesive and the car emblem was adhered to the card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I used the Big Shot embossing mats and the large gears (cutting) die from the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies create the dry embossed gears in the Silver Foil heart. You can see more about how I did that in the following video:
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.