Hi Stampers. Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I have another quick and easy card. I saw this somewhere online… I’ve been searching today and can’t find it again. So, I apologize to the demo who designed it, I can’t find your name to give you credit. I just love this card. I was watching TV with my husband one night and surfing the web (probably Pinterest) and saw it. During a commercial I ran downstairs to my studio and created it quickly.
The card starts with Smoky Slate card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. Next, is a 5-3/8″ x 4-18″ layer of Cherry Cobbler CS followed by a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS. The Whisper White layer has been sponged with Balmy Blue ink with a stamping sponge.
The tree branch is die cut from Wood Textures DSP using a die from the Seasonal Layers thinlits dies. I used a heart die from the Be Mine Stitched framelits dies. To create the look of fallen snow, I used a pallete knife to adhere some Shimmery White Embossing Paste to the top of the heart. It’s best to let the embossing paste dry several hours to dry completely before adhering to the card.
The branch was adhered to the card front using fine-tip liquid glue, I paced a small piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine behind the branch, so it looked like it was hanging from the tree. Next, I adhered the heart at the other end of the Whisper White Bakers Twine. I made a small bow from the Whisper White Bakers Twine and glued it to the center of the Bakers Twine between the branch and heart.
The inside of the card is lined with a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White CS. Onto that layer, I stamped the falling hearts and sentiments from the Forever Lovely stamp set.
I actually shared this card during my Facebook Live on my Facebook Page on December 31, 2018. An edited version of this Facebook Live is on my YouTube channel. Here is the YouTube video:
If you are not already working with a demonstrator, I would love to earn your business. I have listed the supplies used in the making of this card below with links to my online store to purchase them.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Sale-A-Bration (Jan. 3 – March 31) is the biggest Stampin’ Up! promotions of the year. Earn FREE product gifts for every $50 or $100 (total before shipping and tax) you spend. I love how many of the gifts coordinate with Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration coordination limited release products.
I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about today’s project.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.