Hi Stampers. Happy Saturday Morning! I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. I’ve cut parts for a bunch of cards and will be going to an open crop at my friends scrapbook store downtown today to assemble them and watch the Downtown Twin Falls St. Patrick’s Day Parade. I have a card today that I hope you will LOVE as much as I do!
This beautiful card starts with a Lovely Lipstick card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. I used the Big Shot and the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to dry emboss a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Powder Pink CS and attached that to the card base with snail adhesive. The next Lovely Lipstick layer of CS is 5-1/4″ x 2-3/4″, followed by a layer of Whisper White CS that is 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″. I stamped the Bee Thankful stamp onto the Whisper White layer with Memento Black ink.
The Ombre’ effect was created on the letters by coloring with the Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blends Duo. I colored the dark on the bottom and the light on the top of each letter. To help it blend better, I made small circles where the light and dark colors met. The leaves were then colored with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Duo and the Bee was colored with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Duo. I added a few random rhinestones to the front of the card and a little Wink of Stella to the Bee and over the letters to finish it off. As the Queen, I just love sparkles! 🙂
For the inside of the card, I stamped just the bee (I inked the bee without inking the rest of the stamp) onto a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS. The bee was colored with the Daffodil Delight stampin’ blends and the flower with the light Lovely Lipstick stampin’ blend. I then added a little bit of Wink of Stella to his wings.
Here is a video, showing you how I did it:
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
There are only two weeks left of Sale-A-Bration! Click on the graphic above to be taken to my store and see what you can earn for FREE! (Remember these are “while supplies last” and some have already sold out!)
There is also only two weeks left to purchase the coordinating products that go with those items you earn for FREE! (Remember these are “while supplies last” and some have already sold out!)
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.