Hi Stampers. I hope you have seen my post from last week about getting a birthday card from me and have filled out the form. I just need the month and day of your birth (year not necessary) and a mailing address and I will send you a birthday card. Today I am showing off a birthday card made using the Large Letters Framelit Dies and the Enjoy Life stamp set. (The word “happy” is from the Well Said stamp set – I LOVE that set! It has soooo much in it!).
This card starts with a gorgeous grape card base – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. I used wedges of the stamping sponge to sponge color onto a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS. Our Whisper White CS is super smooth and gets great images when stamping. The colors I used to sponge onto this layer are Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green. You can use any colors you wish, I just thought these looked bright and cheerful.
Next, I cut the letters B-D-A-Y out of scraps of Whisper White CS using the Big Shot and the Large Letters framelit dies. I adhered the B first so I would know where to stamp the figure of the person holding up their hands. I chose to use the Stamparatus to stamp the figure from the Enjoy Life stamp set. I used it because I wanted a good solid dark image and I knew the Stamparatus would allow me to stamp multiple times in the exact same spot, ensuring I got the look I was going for. Then I was able to place the other three letters. I stamped the word “happy” from the Well Said stamp set onto a strip of Whisper White CS using Gorgeous Grape ink and used my paper snips to flag the end. This was adhered with multipurpose liquid glue, as were all the letters.
The inside of the card is lined with a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White. I kept the inside simple, I stamped the greenery from the Enjoy Life stamp set in Granny Apple Green ink. I hope whoever recieves this card enjoys getting it as much as I enjoyed making it!
If you wish to purchase any of these items, I have included a list of supplies used below with links to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.