Hi Stampers. I just love the Large Letter Framelit Dies, they have so many uses! I use them often with and without the coordinating Letters For You stamp set. Today’s card features two of my favorites – the large letter dies and the Well Written stamp set. 🙂 I created a bright and fun birthday card to share with you.
This birthday card starts with a Lemon Lime Twist card base – 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″. This makes the card hinge from the top when it opens. Don’t you just love how bright and cheery the Lemon Lime Twist is? Did you know it’s retiring soon? It’s a 2017-2019 In-Color, which means it’s retiring before the new 2019-2020 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog comes out June 4th.
These colors have been popular and supplies in these colors are expected to run out before the retirement date. Stock up now on cardstock, ribbon, designer series papers, etc. Don’t forget the re-inker to go with the stamp pad and marker! You can purchase these items in my online store here.
I also expect that all current Designer Series Papers will retire and be replaced with new ones.The new ones will be wonderful, but if you have any current favorites, I suggest you stock up on them NOW. You can purchase these items in my online store here.
Back to our birthday card – I started by stamping the Marbled background stamp in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto the card front. Next, I cut a strip of Whisper White CS 4-1/4″ x 1″ and adhered it towards the bottom of the card front. I then adhered the multipurpose adhesive sheets to a piece of Bermuda Bay CS (approx. 2-1/2″ x 6-1/2″). The letters H A P P Y were cut out of this CS using the Large Letters framelits dies and my Big Shot. I peeled off the backing and stuck them right to the card front – easy peasy! (Love that stuff!!) The word birthday, from the Well Said stamp set, was stamped onto the Whisper White strip in Bermuda Bay ink.
The inside of this birthday card is lined with a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Whisper White CS. I used the, now retired, So Hoppy For You Sale-A-Bration reward set and stamped in Memento Black ink before coloring with the Stampin’ Blends. (Just a quick reminder to get those things you love before they retire.) I added just a touch of Wink of Stella to the flies and butterfly wings.
If you wish to purchase any of these items, I have included a list of supplies used below with links to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.