Hi Stampers. Today I’m dreaming about the next cruise to the Caribbean my husband and I will go on. I am not sure when it’s going to be, but I’m feeling the pull. I want to go to the land of clear waters and make like a magical mermaid!
This card stars with a basic card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″, in Bermuda Bay CS. The next layer is a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS. Onto that layer, I stamped the center square using the Bokeh Dots stamp set. Over that I stamped the mermaid from the Magical Mermaid stamp set in Memento Black ink. I then colored the mermaid by using my (FABULOUS) Stampin’ Blends. (If you have not purchased some of these yet, you are truly missing out!! They have become my favorite form of coloring!).
I colored the mermaids skin with the Ivory Stampin’ Blend, her hair with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends duo and the hair ribbon with the light Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blend. For the tail, I colored it using the Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends duos. For the exterior sentiment, I stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White CS in Bermuda Bay ink and cut it out using the Layering Circles Dies. Using the snail adhesive I adhered the Whisper White circle to a scalloped circle of Bermuda Bay CS cut using the same dies. The two circles were then adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The inside of this Magical Mermaid card is lined with another 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White CS. Before adhering it, I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink and the seaweed (hanging off the edges) in Old Olive ink. It’s then adhered to the inside of the card using Snail Adhesive. While this card came as a result of my wishing for vacation, it would make a great card to send to anyone who loves magical mermaids. You can create your own using the supplies listed below (with links to my online store).
Round one of my paper share was a success. I’ve had a few more requests to do another one. If you would like a 6″ x 6″ pieces of every DSP listed in the new 2019-2020 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, check out the information on my paper share HERE.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.