Hi Stampers. Today’s card is a quick and easy card made using the Healing Hugs stamp set and one of the new 2019-2021 in-color – Rococo Rose. We made this in my sympathy / get well card making class last week.
The card base is made of a 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Rococo Rose CS, scored at 4-1/4″. The roses from the Healing Hugs stamp set are stamped in Rococo Rose ink all over a 4″ x 5-14″ layer of Whisper White CS. The leaves for those roses are stamped in Mossy Meadow ink.
Stampin’ Tip: The stamps in the Healing Hugs stamp set are what we at Stampin’ Up! refer to as DistINKtive stamps. They have a photo realistic look to them. The dimension and vary in color is achieved by the way the stamps are made and only require one stamp and one ink. Sometimes they come out kinda blurry and that means your ink pad is too juicy. You can fix this by rubbing the back of a spoon onto your ink pad before inking your stamp. This pushes the ink back down into the pad making the top less juicy.
Around this top layer I wrapped the Whisper White 5/8″ polka dot tulle ribbon. I tied this ribbon in a pretty little bow on the front of the card.
Stampin’ Tip: A pair of reverse action tweezers work great for holding the ribbons first knot so you can use both hands to tie the bow.
Our medium Whisper White envelopes are the perfect size for mailing these cards. While I did not want to upset the post office by making the front too busy and distracting from the mailing instructions, I stamped the Healing Hugs roses onto the back flap of the envelope. I just love making the whole card coordinate – outside, inside and envelope.
The inside of the card is lined with a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Whisper White CS. Before adhering it to the inside of the card I stamped the rose in Rococo Rose ink into the lower right corner letting it hang off the edge. I stamped the flower leaves and the interior sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink. I hope this card brings comfort to the recipient. If you would like to mail comfort to a friend or family member – you, too, can make this beautiful card. If you need to purchase any of the items used in the making of this card, I have listed the supplies below with links to purchase them in my online store.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.