Hi Stampers. Happy Monday! I love Monday’s because they remind me that I get to work from home doing something I love to do! Therefore, Monday’s make me thankful, which is why today’s card says “Thanks”. I shared a Get Well Card similar to this one last month. You can check that out HERE.
This card has a Calypso Coral card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. I dry embossed a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. I love the look of this folder! It makes a great background for so many different cards! That layer was then attached to my card base using snail adhesive.
Next, I cut a 5-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ strip of Mossy Meadow CS and a 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ strip of Very Vanilla CS. I stamped the word “Thanks” onto the right side of the Very Vanilla Strip using Mossy Meadow ink. This particular word is from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, but could be any number of our stamps. The strips were then adhered together and to the card front using snail adhesive.
The focal point for this card is the BEAUTIFUL rose from the Healing Hugs stamp set. The rose is stamped onto Very Vanilla CS in Calypso Coral ink and the leaves were stamped in Mossy Meadow ink, also onto Very Vanilla CS. It’s so pretty!
Stampin’ Tip: A key to DistINKtive stamping is to have the proper amount of ink on your ink pad. If the ink pad is too juicy, you will not get the true detail of the stamp. If this happens to you, I urge you to rub your ink pad with the back of a spoon to push the ink down into the pad, making it less juicy.
This gorgeous stamp set is a patented design by Stampin’ Up! called DistINKtive stamping. It’s a photo realistic look that is just fabulous! You get lots of shading with a single stamp. Unfortunately, this set does not come with matching dies, but can be cut out using paper snips or a Brother Scan & Cut Machine. After cutting out the rose and leaves, I attached them to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The inside of the card has a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS. I stamped the rose in Calypso Coral ink in the lower right corner before attaching it to the card, so it didn’t take up too much room.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.