Hi Stampers. Happy Monday! I love Monday’s and the fresh start it brings each week. Today I’d like to share with you a new technique I’ve been working on. Ink Blending has been all the rage online late – mostly with alcohol ink pads. Stampin’ Up! does not have alcohol ink pads – so, I decided to try it with our Classic Stampin’ Pads.
My card base is Mossy Meadow CS and I stamped the trees in Memento Black ink onto Very Vanilla CS. I cut a stamping sponges into six wedges each and assigned each wedge a color. Trying to chose colors that i thought would blend well together, I chose Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and Pear Pizzaz greens for the bottom (grass). The top (sky) colors are Night of Navy, Pacific Point and Seaside Spray – with a touch of Blackberry Bliss.
Across the middle, I sponged a little Pumpkin Pie as the sun and faded out using Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight. For the sentiment i cut I a 1″ strip of Very Vanilla CS and flagged the end using the banner triple punch. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Night of Navy ink and sponged the edges with the same. It was then attached to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Inside the card is a simple sentiment on a Very Vanilla CS layer. Will you give ink blending a try? I will supply a list below of all supplies needed – they can be purchased in my online store by clicking the product image.
Stampin’ Tip: For sponging on the ink, start off the edge of the CS and come onto the CS using circular motions.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
A new catalog was just released! Click here to shop my online store.
Earn my “Nothing’s Better Than” Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code BH7297GU, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.