Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
When they announced that this blog hop would be called “Spring has Sprung”, the idea of a wobble card (on a spring) sounded perfect! This little jumping frog from the 2019 Sale-A-Bration level 1 options looks like he should wobble.
I started this card with a Mossy Meadow card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. The word hooray from the Stampin’ Up! Well Written thinlits dies were used on the big shot to cut the words out of Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and Pear Pizazz card stock. On the Big Shot, the Cala lillies were cut out of Old Olive CS using the Catch of the Day thinlits dies.
The frog, from So Hoppy Together (a level 1 Sale-A-Bration item), was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White CS using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I colored him using the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Duo and cut him out using the paper snips. (If you were one of the lucky ones who got the coordinating Hop It Framelit dies before they sold out – you can use those.)
The spring was created by wrapping a 26 gauge wire around a paintbrush (or pencil, or straw, anything that size) leaving a 1/2″ straight piece at each end of the “spring”. Attach one end of the “spring” to the back of the frog using tape and attach the other end to the card front using tape. Now it’s a “wobble card”!
For the inside of the card I used a piece of Whisper White CS, 4″ x 5-1/4″. I stamped the frog, crown and butterfly from the So Hoppy Together stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. The frog was colored with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends duo, the crown was colored with the dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend and the butterfly was colored with the Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends duo. The sentiment, from the Well Said stamp set was also stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
I used the Tropical Escape DSP to decorate the flap on a Whisper White Medium Envelope. It came out super cute. I hope you give it a try! Next in this post, I have included a video of how I made this card. It was one of my Facebook Live posts from my Facebook page. Each Monday at 2:30pm I go live on my Facebook page. You should join me! If you don’t do Facebook, you can find those videos (edited) uploaded to my YouTube Channel. Please subscribe and click the bell for notification to be notified each time a new video is uploaded.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Blog Hop Line Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase