Hi Stampers. When you are not feeling well, a handmade get well card can be just what you need to bring a smile to your face. The beautiful rose from the Healing Hugs stamp set is beautiful, too. This set uses the Stampin’ Up! distINKtive stamp design. This distINKtive stamp design gives the image a photo realistic look in a single stamping.
The Calypso Coral card base is 8-1/2″ by 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. This color is bright and cheery and give this card a POP against the Very Vanilla. Using the new Bricks and Mortar embossing folder from Stampin’ Up!, I dry embossed a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS. This layer is then attached to the card base using snail adhesive.
I created a banner for the right side of the card using a 2″ x 4″ strip of Very Vanilla CS backed by a 2-1/4″ x 4″ strip of Calypso Coral CS. The ends were flagged using the Banner Triple Punch. Next, I stamped the “Get Well Soon” sentiment and the stitching in Calypso Coaral ink. The banner is attached to the card front using Stamipn’ Dimensionals.
For the left side of the card front, I stamped the rose, from the Healing Hugs stamp set, onto Very Vanilla CS using Calypso Coral ink. Next, I stamped the leaves onto Very Vanilla CS using Mossy Meadow ink.
The rose and leaves did not have a die, but I wanted them cut out. That’s when my Brother Scan N Cut CM350 comes in handy – I love this thing! I was able to load it into the machine, push a few buttons and poof – my flower was ready to go! I attached it to my card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The interior of the card has a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS. Onto this layer, I stamped the sentiment in the center using Calypso Coral ink. The rose is stamped in the lower right corner, also in Calypso Coaral ink and the leaves in Mossy Meadow ink. I hope this card will bring a smile to someones face when they don’t feel like smiling.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
EXTRA, EXTRA! A TWO MONTH STARTER KIT SPECIAL!
- VALID JULY 1 – AUGUST 31, 2019!
- EXTRA – GET BONUS PRODUCT! Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $155 in products for $99 (that’s $56 in free products, an additional $30 more than normal) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You can include products from any current Stampin’ Up! catalogs.
- EXTRA, EXTRA – GET A $10 COUPON! Those who purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! will be emailed a $10 coupon code the following month to redeem on an order placed by Oct. 31.
- SAVE 20 -25% on personal demonstrator orders while you are active.
- Learn more about the benefits of joining through me (by purchasing the $99 starter kit) here.
- I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! Join just for you! Prizes, friendship, oodles of stamping ideas & fun!
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.