Hi Stampers. Today I’d like to share with you how to create a plaid background using the Stampin’ Up! Buffalo Check background stamp. This stamp can be used just as it is or you can use your Stampin’ Write markers to create a plaid background for your handmade card.
My card starts with a Mango Melody basic card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. Next, I used my Stamparatus to stamp the Buffalo Check background in Crushed Curry ink onto a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS.
Stampin’ Tip: Using the Stamparatus allows you to stamp multiple time in the exact same location creating a darker more filled in image.
Using my Tim Holtz ruler and the fine tip end of a Mango Melody Stampin’ Write Marker, I drew a line between the checks vertically and horizontally. I love that there is a line vertically and horizontally on the clear ruler. This made it super simple to get perfect placement.
Using a die cutting machine and the Stitched Nested Label dies to cut labels out of Crumb Cake CS. Onto the smallest stitched label I stamped the word “smile” from the Daisy Lane stamp set in Early Espresso ink. The second (larger) label I placed onto the checkered background vertically and cut off the top (making it look like a banner). Onto the banner, I stamped two leaves (also from the Daisy Lane stamp set) in Garden Green ink.
Using Crushed Curry ink, I stamped one small and one large daisy onto Crushed Curry CS. Next, I used the same stamps to stamp one large and one small daisy in Crushed Curry ink onto Whisper White CS. I punched out these daisies using the coordinating Daisy Punch and Medium Daisy Punch. The are layered on top of each other and attached using mini glue dots. The flowers are then attached to the card front using mini glue dots and a Gold Faceted Gem was placed in the center to finish it off.
For the interior of the card, I used a 4″ x 5-1/2″ layer of Whisper White CS. Using the Daisy Lane stamp set, I stamped a small daisy in Crushed Curry ink in the lower left and upper right. The center is colored in with a Gold Wink of Stella.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.