Hi Stampers. Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “It’s the Sentiment That Counts” – showcasing new or favorite sentiments as the focal point of their project. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
When searching for which stamp set to use for this – focus on the sentiment project, I reached out for the Genuine Gems stamp set. It has this “awesome” large sentiment! I knew I wanted to color with the stampin’ blends – but what color? Since it’s feeling a bit like fall, I wanted to use Cajun Craze.
Next, I spent some time trying to match colors and then remembered to use my Stampin’ Up! color coach! The color coach gave me three choices on what to pair Cajun Craze with. I chose to use Merry Merlot and Crumb Cake. I cut my layers using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. This made layering super easy! I decided to stick with just the cardstock and the sentiment with a touch of linen trim. No other images and no DSP ensured the focus is on the sentiment!
The sentiment was stamped onto Very Vanilla CS using Merry Merlot ink. I colored in the larger letters using the Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends Duo and accented the shadow with a bit of Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend. The braided linen thread is wrapped above and below the sentiment. The bow was created separately and attached with mini glue dots. Snail adhesive was used on the first two layers , but the Very Vanilla layer is popped up on dimensionals. This made it easy to ensure the braided linen trim didn’t prevent the layer from laying flat.
Inside the card, I used a layer of Very Vanilla CS. I stamped the inside sentiment in Merrry Merlot and then added a 1″ strip of Cajun Craze CS, a 3/4″ strip of Crumb Cake CS and a 1/2″ strip of Merry Merlot CS layered near the bottom. Quick, easy and focused on the sentiment! Give it a try – “YOU’VE GOT THIS”!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 9, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share “My Favorite Season” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <—- you are here
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Don’t forget to check out the “stock up and save” – DSP sale!