Hi Stampers. Christmas is coming and I have shared several cute ideas for small gifts to give people. Today I’m sharing a gift bag designed like a house, made from some retired Designer Series Paper. This was a great way to use up retired paper and create a super cute project to make someone smile!
I found an idea similar to this on YouTube. <—- click to see her video. (That crafter did not use Stampin’ Up! supplies.) To make it my own, I tweaked it a bit and here it is! As I mentioned before, I used retired DSP while I perfected my design, but this could be adorable using the Toile Tidings DSP or the Christmastime Is Here DSP.
The base used two 12″ x 12″ pieces of DSP. Both were cut like this and then glued together by that 1/2″ strip on the right side.
The roof was made using two more pieces of DSP. To add the effect of snow and re-enforce the top where the ribbon goes through, I used some sparkle glimmer paper on top and bottom. The chimney is cut from Basic Gray CS and dry embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder.
The front of the house is made of just DSP cut to look like a door and windows with a Garden Green wreath on the door. The cute little Christmas bulbs I found locally, but are similar to these on Amazon. Under the house is a piece of chip board (like the backing from a pack of foil sheets or glimmer paper) covered in Whisper White CS to add some stability to the bottom of the bag.
This is how the inside of the bag looks after it’s all finished. How cute is that?!?!
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
This month’s PDF is all about the Sip Sip Hooray Bundle. This PDF includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards – I’ve even included a few simple fancy folds!.
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code ZWEPTUSY, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.