Hi Stampers. I don’t know how it is where you’re at, but it’s HOT here! Time for another “I wish I was at the beach” card! A customer had asked for a beach themed “save the date” card for a wedding and this was one of my examples that she did not choose. I just converted it to a simple “hello” card. CLICK HERE to see another option I made for her. This simple easel fold card fold flat for mailing and also makes a great display piece.
To make the easel card, I started with a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic Black CS, scored at 2-3/4″ & 5-1/2″. Next, I dry embossed a silver foil layer using the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. This layer was adhered to the front of the card using Stampin’ Seal by only adhering the bottom half of the layer.
The scalloped & stitched rectangle is die cut from Whisper White CS using the Stitched So Sweetly dies and the beach scene was stamped using the High Tide stamp set. To get the two colors on the palm trees, I used the brush end of the Mossy Meadow & Soft Suede markers from the neutral Stampin’ Write markers. The palm trees were then die cut using the In The Tropics dies and attached using mini dimensionals.
Inside the card is a Whisper White layer with a Calypso Coral flower in the lower right corner. An easel card needs a little something to hold it open. I chose to use the Layering Circles Dies to die cut the scallop circle and the Stitched Shapes Dies to die cut the stitched oval mounted on mini stampin’ dimensionals. The word “hello” is stamped in the little oval using Mango Melody ink.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
A new catalog was just released! Click here to shop my online store.
Earn my “Nothing’s Better Than” Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code BH7297GU, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.